Terms & Conditions
1. In the conditions unless the context otherwise appears the following words & expressions shall have the following meanings:-
- These Conditions-means the conditions of hire herein contained
- The Company-means ShowTech Sound & Light Design
- The Hirer-means the person firm or company who or which has agreed to hire the Equipment from the Company
- The Equipment-means the Equipment specified together with (if any) the accessories & flight cases specified overleaf & any part or parts of the same
- The Technicians-means the employee(s) agent(s) or subcontractor(s) of the Company (if any) supplied with the Equipment to operate the same the number of which (if any) shall be specified
- The Agreement-means the agreement between the Company & the Hirer for the hire of the Equipment
2. The Agreement is subject to these Conditions which supersede all previous communications representations & agreements whether written or oral & no additions or alterations to these Conditions shall be binding on the Company unless agreed to in writing & signed by a duly authorised officer or employee or agent of the Company. Any terms & conditions proposed by the Hirer shall only apply if the same have been agreed by or on behalf of the Company in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph & in the case of any conflict between such terms & conditions & these Conditions the latter shall prevail.
3. The Company endeavours to ensure that the Equipment is sound & in good order & condition at the time of delivery to or collection by the Hirer but it shall be the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the Equipment is fully suitable in all respects (including type & condition) for the purpose for which it is hired. Upon delivery or collection the Equipment shall be examined & checked by the Hirer before being taken into use & if found to be defective or deficient will be replaced or defects or deficiencies remedied by the Company without additional charge but in no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any loss or damage of whatever kind however caused arising out of or in connection with the use of or the inability to use the Equipment. The Hirer shall use or cause to be used the Equipment in a skilful & proper manner & shall at his own expense keep it in good & substantial repair & condition (save for fair wear & tear) & further shall take all precautions necessary to ensure its safety & security. The Hirer will not open the outer case (if any) of the Equipment or of any item or part thereof nor interfere in any way with the Equipment of the mechanism thereof or any nameplates or signs or serial numbers thereon & will not expose the Equipment to the elements (in particular to salt water & spray) & will keep the Equipment protected in all respects. Unless the same shall be been caused by the wilful default or wilfully misconduct of the Technicians any loss of or damage to the Equipment including loss or damage caused by non familiarisation of misuse of the same is the sole responsibility of the Hirer who will be charged with the cost of repair or full replacement value of the Equipment as the case may be. The Hirer must not repair or attempt to repair or request a third party to repair or attempt to repair the Equipment. The Company reserves the right where the Equipment is in its absolute discretion of a high technology specification to require that the Hirer uses the services of a Technician at the cost of the Hirer & in such cases only the Technician may use such Equipment.
4. Any order or instruction required to be given to the Company by the Hirer shall be given by him or his duly authorised agent in writing. If given orally it shall be confirmed in writing to the Company within three days. The Company shall not be liable for the consequences of any inaccuracies or misunderstandings resulting from any order or instructions by the Hirer not received by the Company in writing or so confirmed. The Hirer shall be solely responsible for any statement representation order instruction guidance or advice made or given by the Hirer to any Technician.
5. The Equipment shall be delivered & collected at such time & place as shall be mutually agreed between the Company & the Hirer. If delivered to the Hirer the signature of any person purporting to be any employee of the Hirer shall be sufficient evidence of delivery. The Company shall use its best endeavours to comply with any time schedules but will accept no liability for non-delivery of Equipment or non-arrival of Technicians by a specific time or date or within a specified time from receipt of order. The Company shall not be liable for delays due to unforeseen circumstances or due to causes beyond its control including but not limited to acts of nature, acts of Government labour disputes & delays in transport.
6. Unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Company & the Hirer it shall be the responsibility of the Hirer to return the Equipment to the Company on termination of the hire. If the Company agrees to collect the Equipment on termination of the hire the Hirer shall remain fully responsible for the safety protection repair & condition (subject as aforesaid) of the Equipment until it is in the possession of the Company.
7. During the continuance of the Agreement the Hirer shall pay to the Company by way of rent for the hire of the Equipment & the Technicians the Company’s hire charges shown in the Company’s Rate Card current from time to time or such other hire charges as may have been agreed in writing between the Company & Hirer. For the avoidance of any doubt the Hirers shall be liable for payment of hire charges as from the time for which the Equipment is ordered (which shall be the commencement of the hire period) until either (i) the time of its return to the Company or(ii) if the Equipment is lost or stolen or is otherwise irrecoverable or is damaged then in any such case the time of its replacement or repair & the Company undertakes to replace or repair the same as soon as reasonably possible. A 24-hour period or part constitutes one days hire.
8. In addition to the charges referred to herein the Company at its sole discretion may require that the Hirer shall pay to the Company charges in respect of insuring the Equipment upon the terms & conditions & subject to the exclusions of liability contained in the insurance policy for the time being in force which the Company has negotiated for such purposes. A copy of such policy shall be made available to the Hirer upon request PROVIDED THAT where the Hirer has confirmed that it has arranged insurance cover which is already in existence against all risks for the full replacement value of the Equipment & given full details thereof to the Company then the Company may waive this requirement.
9. Without the previous consent of the Company Equipment must not be used on any abnormal or hazardous assignment taken out of the United Kingdom or taken from the ground other than on a regular scheduled flight by any airline recognised by IATA unless otherwise agreed by the company prior to the commencement of the hire. The Hirer shall be solely responsible for obtaining all customs Clearances Licences & permits as shall be necessary to take the Equipment out of the United Kingdom. If any Equipment taken out of the United Kingdom is lost or is damaged or breaks down & the Company agrees to replace the same the Company’s liability shall only extend to delivery of any replacement at an address in the United Kingdom.
10. In addition to the hire charges for the Equipment the Hirer shall pay all delivery charges.
11. The Hirer shall pay Value Added Tax at the rate current from time to time on & in addition to all charges due to be paid by the Hirer to the Company under the terms & conditions of the Agreement.
12. Without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Company in the event of the cancellation of any confirmed order by the Hirer the Company reserves the right to make a cancellation charge as follows:-
Notice Given of Cancellation % of Total Hire Charges
|8 days or more||25%|
|7 - 2 days||50%|
|Less than 48 hours||75%|
13. All hire & other charges are net & unless otherwise agreed between the Company & the Hirer shall be due & payable within 30 days on the invoice date. If any hire charge or other sum due to the Company shall not be paid by the Hirer on the date when the same shall be due & payable the Hirer shall be liable to pay interest upon such hire charge or other sum at the rate of 4% per annum above the base rate of National Westminster Bank PLC from time to time during the period in which interest is payable from the due date until the date of payment.
14. The Equipment remains at all times the property of the Company & the Hirer shall have no right title or interest therein save that of a hirer thereof under these Conditions. The Hirer shall not sell or offer for sale assign mortgage pledge underlet lend or otherwise deal with the Equipment or any part or parts thereof or deal with the Hirer’s interest under these Conditions which interest is personal to the Hirer & the Hirer will keep the Equipment in his own possession for his own use & will not allow any lien or other encumbrance to be created in respect of the same.
15. The amount of the deposit (if any) specified shall be returned to the Hirer without interest when the Equipment has been returned to the Company & all charges & other monies due to the Company under the terms of the Agreement have been paid.
16. The Agreement may be determined by the Company forthwith by written notice given by the Company to the Hirer to that effect on the happening of any of the following events namely if the Hirers fails to pay any charges hereunder within seven days of the same having become due (whether demanded or not) or fails to observe or perform any other of these Conditions or if the Hirer commits any act of bankruptcy or being a company goes into liquidation or has a Receiver appointed in respect of the whole or any part of its undertaking or assets or is subject to a Receiving Order or makes any arrangement with or assignment for the benefit of the Hirer’s creditors or if distress is levied or threatened on any of the Hirer’s property or if the Hirer abandons the Equipment.
17. The termination of the Agreement & the hire thereby created for any reason whatsoever shall not affect any other right or remedy of the Company against the Hirer & without prejudice to the generality thereof shall not affect the right of the Company to recover from the Hirer any hire charges & other monies due to the Company at the date of such determination & shall not affect the Company’s right to recover damages from the Hirer in respect of any breach of these Conditions.
18. Any time or other indulgence granted by the Company to the Hirer shall not affect the rights of the Company under the Agreement.
19. The Company shall not in any circumstances be liable to the Hirer or any third party for any claims in respect of loss of profits special damage or any consequential loss whatsoever or be under any liability for or in respect of loss or damage to persons or property howsoever caused whether arising directly or indirectly from the hire or use of Equipment by the Hirer.
20. The Company reserves the right to subcontract all or any part of the Hirer’s order & to assign or otherwise deal in anyway whatsoever with the Company’s interest in the Equipment & in the Agreement.
21. The Hirer is advised not to use any original materials on in or in connection with the use of the Equipment & the Company cannot accept any responsibility in connection with any loss or damage to or in respect of the same.
22. The Agreement & these Conditions shall be construed in accordance with English Law & the parties herein submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
All generic lanterns have 15amp plugs, for all moving fixtures please specify plug top required. All sound equipment & effects have 13amp plug tops. No plugs or sockets are to be removed from any lead or item, all necessary mains & audio jumpers are available on request. Any lead not returned in the same condition, as supply, coiled & taped with pvc electrical tape, will incur a £2.00 recoiling fee.
If you have any questions or queries relating to our Terms & Conditions then please contact us by using our Enquiry Form.